Friday, July 20, 2007

Vaccination - pneumococcus

What cause pneumonia?
Pneumonia is an inflammation of the lungs. One of its more common causes is the bug pneumococcus, which can also cause others serious infections such as bacteremia (blood infection), meningitis(infection of the spinal cord or brain membrane) and sinusitis(infection of the sinuses).
Pneumococcal disease can lead to hearing loss, learning disabilities, speech delays, paralysis, brain damage and sometimes even death.

Mummy brought me to have the above vaccine tonight. First I have my weight and height taken, weight 13.5Kg and 91cm tall. Dr Teo of Babybear clinic kept mentioned that this jab will be a very painful and sometimes the jab area maybe swollen too. Mummy was very scared when she heard very painful. When Dr Teo is ready with the needle and medicine, mummy hold my body and hand very tight. Dr Teo inject the needle into my left thigh. I remained silence and stared at the needle. Not a single noise from me. Dr Teo said I am a brave boy and definitely must give me a sweets. It is very rare that children don't cry for this jab. It was a big relieve for mummy too.

No comments:

Lilypie
Lilypie